Accounts Payable Analyst
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies.
- Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment, identifies discount opportunities, and issues purchase order amendments or stop-payment orders as needed.
- Assists with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling monthly statements and transactions.
- Records entry of, verifies documentation for, and distributes petty cash.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- High school diploma required; Business or Accounting degree preferred.
- Certified Accounts Payable Professional (CAPP) certification preferred.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)