Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage RFQ’s to targeted suppliers to ensure the best suppliers are selected, ensure responses are on time, and review proposals with key stakeholders to ensure the team is aligned on sourcing decisions.
- Work with AMP team to ensure proper planning and forecasting is created and followed.
- Negotiate pricing via price agreements, ensure on time delivery, establish commercial terms with suppliers to ensure mutually beneficial relationships are created and maintained.
- Communicate risks to key stakeholders and escalate to appropriate levels internally and externally to resolve any shortages.
- Review and establish long-term agreements to support AMP along with production demands.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and approve suppliers.
- Partner with engineering to support value added engineering initiatives.
- Monitor, evaluate and track supplier quality; implement corrective action when required.
- Collaborate with other members of the Purchasing team to help ensure work is most efficiently completed within the department.
- Execute purchase orders and track inventory as required.
- Other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. Equivalent education and experience required.
- 3-5 years of experience in Purchasing, specifically direct raw material procurement, required.
- Experience using an ERP for tasks related to purchasing required; experience with Epicor preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required.
- Excellent decision-making skills and a sense of urgency.
- Strong negotiator with demonstrated experience achieving cost-savings.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and communicate specific requirements to vendors.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Team player with keen problem-solving skills.
- Recognize the Quality Management System in place at CCC and participate in the processes and procedures in the QMS ISO 9001:2015.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds as required.
- May be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses, steel-toed shoes and hearing protection required in manufacturing areas.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Crane Carrier Company is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio