Battle Motors is seeking a highly skilled Android Engineer. This position would be focused on developing software for Android, for use in our digital instrument cluster as well as other vehicle diagnostic applications. In this position, you would work closely with our server and VCU engineers, gathering requirements, developing software, and testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Extensive experience developing applications on the Android ecosystem
- Java Android experience (Kotlin a plus, but not required)
- Ability to design and implement custom interface components on Android
- Experience with Android Room persistence
- Experience consuming REST APIs
- gRPC familiarity is a plus
- Experience in responsive, low latency applications
- Experience in the automotive industry and familiarity with the CAN protocol is a big plus
- Troubleshoots problems involving complex difficult issues.
- Meets with business analyst/stakeholder to determine requirements, gives input on prioritization.
- Collaborates on development of best practices and standards with development teams across the institution.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required to work with cross functional teams.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience
- Degree in software development, computer science, or similar.
- Proficiency in Java, Kotlin, or C++.
- Ability to use the Android Studio, including the Android SDK, with ease.
- Prior experience as an android developer will be advantageous.
- Excellent coding and proofreading skills.
- Top-notch teamwork and communication skills.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Remote - Los Angeles, California