Battle Motors (formerly Crane Carrier Company) prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV technology, we are growing faster than ever. We’re currently searching for an Application & Release Engineer to join our team, help us grow and scale and continue our tradition of success. The Application & Release Engineer is a proactive business specialist supporting the Engineering team to help us ensure that the performance, function, and appearance of our trucks are consistent. This position will manage the order entry process, BOM setup, accuracy and improvement and involves managing the functional application requirements, design, and operational information throughout each product's lifecycle.
This role is very critical to our extreme growth and the ideal candidate will be very organized, familiar with automotive/truck chassis (some technical knowledge is desired, but can be learned) and engineering processes and is familiar with the intricacies of a fast-paced environment, have a strong desire for growth within a company and be a great communicator. This role will be responsible for managing our truck configurations and delivery specs with our customers, dealers, governments and body upfitters. This position will own communications and coordination with our customers and body companies and work collaboratively with the VFD (Vehicle Function Definition) team to identify our platform packages and coordination of our configuration tool. This role is an associate role with a tremendous growth opportunity.
This role does require technical knowledge of vehicles, options and specifications.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review all order specifications for completion and correctness to ensure accurate demand planning and manufacturability of components
- Ensure that every truck order is production ready
- Positively communicate with Dealers, Customers, Sales, Procurement and the Design Engineering team
- Use Solidworks to create a 3D model for each order
- Review of the order requested configuration for the truck specification is accurate and buildable per predetermined engineering guidelines
- Analyzes orders for highly specialized and unusual engineering content requirements determining suitability of specifications for intended service
- Prepares documentation for engineering release, confirming accurate content
- Draws and or accesses frame layouts using Solidworks
- Assists dealers and the sales department in developing required information for quotes and orders
- Coordinates information with design, procurement, materials, production, and field service departments
- Maintains and updates applicable files, drawings, models and records
- Plan and execute configuration management at the direction of the VFD team throughout the project lifecycle, including development, migration, and deployment
- Oversee the daily management of configuration part numbers
- Ensures the proper baseline identification of configuration products, perform periodic audits, and provide verification of version release configuration items
- Assist organizing various strategic planning processes across the organization
- Other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
- Function as engineering liaison member to provide solutions to various cross functional teams within the organization including production, sales, supply chain among others
- Comfortable with complex problem solving and rapidly changing priorities
- Comfortable in high pressure environments during rapid ramp up periods (as is the case during next six months)
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering or higher in a related field desired. Equivalent education and experience required
- Experience in product development in automotive/heavy truck axles and braking systems highly desired
- Professional and effective communication skills, written and verbal
- 3-D CAD proficiency required; SolidWorks experience desired
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required; experience using ERP and CRM programs desired.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Strong technical skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to effectively work as part of a team with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate across the organization and lead presentations.
- Recognize the Quality Management System in place at CCC and participate in the processes and procedures in the QMS ISO 9001:2015
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- May be subject to random drug and alcohol testing
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses, steel-toed shoes and hearing protection required in manufacturing areas
- Employees are required to follow all COVID-19 precautions in place including, but not limited to, use of face coverings and temperature readings
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)