* Visa sponsorship is not supported for this position *
* Remote Work Available *
This role is an associate role offering a tremendous growth opportunity and requires technical knowledge of vehicles, options and specifications.
Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
The Application & Release Engineer will assist with growth and scale and continue our tradition of success. The Application & Release Engineer is a proactive business specialist supporting the Engineering team to help us ensure that the performance, function, and appearance of our trucks are consistent.
Responsible for managing the order entry process, BOM setup, accuracy and improvement and involves managing the functional application requirements, design, and operational information throughout each product's lifecycle.
Must be familiar with automotive/truck chassis (some technical knowledge is desired, but can be learned) and engineering processes and is familiar with the intricacies of a fast-paced environment, have a strong desire for growth within a company and be a great communicator.
Responsible for managing our truck configurations and delivery specs with our customers, dealers, governments and body upfitters. Own communications and coordination with our customers and body companies and work collaboratively with the VFD (Vehicle Function Definition) team to identify our platform packages and coordination of our configuration tool.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review all order specifications for completion and correctness to ensure accurate demand planning and manufacturability of components
- Ensure that every truck order is production ready
- Positively communicate with Dealers, Customers, Sales, Procurement and the Design Engineering team
- Use Solidworks to create a 3D model for each order
- Review of the order requested configuration for the truck specification is accurate and buildable per predetermined engineering guidelines
- Analyzes orders for highly specialized and unusual engineering content requirements determining suitability of specifications for intended service
- Prepares documentation for engineering release, confirming accurate content
- Draws and or accesses frame layouts using Solidworks
- Assists dealers and the sales department in developing required information for quotes and orders
- Coordinates information with design, procurement, materials, production, and field service departments
- Maintains and updates applicable files, drawings, models and records
- Plan and execute configuration management at the direction of the VFD team throughout the project lifecycle, including development, migration, and deployment
- Oversee the daily management of configuration part numbers
- Ensures the proper baseline identification of configuration products, perform periodic audits, and provide verification of version release configuration items
- Assist organizing various strategic planning processes across the organization
- Other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
- Function as engineering liaison member to provide solutions to various cross functional teams within the organization including production, sales, supply chain among others
- Comfortable with complex problem solving and rapidly changing priorities
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering or higher in a related field desired. Equivalent education and experience required
Experience in product development in automotive/heavy truck axles and braking systems highly desired
Professional and effective communication skills, written and verbal
3-D CAD proficiency required; SolidWorks experience desired
Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required; experience using ERP and CRM programs desired.
Preferred experience and skills
Strong technical skills and mechanical aptitude.
Ability to effectively work as part of a team with demonstrated leadership skills.
Organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
Ability to communicate across the organization and lead presentations.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (Remote)