Battery Technician - Electric Vehicles
Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
The Battle Motors Battery Technician performs periodic maintenance on electric vehicle batteries in storage. They charge and cycle batteries and perform diagnostic tests to assess battery health. They maintain battery service records for all batteries in inventory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Makes high voltage connections to EV battery packs, inspects batteries for defects, monitors batteries throughout the charging operation and returns batteries to storage in an organized fashion after charging is complete.
- Can operate a forklift and pallet jack.
- Operate electrical test equipment and a variety of hand and power tools.
- Electrical experience.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, diligent, and able to operate independently with limited supervision, completing assigned work accurately and in a timely manner
- Complies with health and safety regulations, including following all safety rules for handling high-voltage systems.
- Maintains high voltage gloves in good condition and inspects them prior to use.
- Reports improvement ideas for developing best practices.
- Identifies and resolves hazards; as well as opportunities to avoid them.
- Maintains detailed documentation of work performed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Strong technical capabilities and familiarity with industrial electronics preferred.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all departments and staff.
- Intermediate computer skills (including MS applications).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Dennison, Ohio, United States