Battle Motors (formerly Crane Carrier Company) prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV technology, we are growing faster than ever. We’re currently searching for a CAD Administrator to lead our engineering team CAD initiatives and help us grow and scale and continue our tradition of success. The CAD Administrator will define modeling best practices, set up drafting standards, organization of PDM vault, training, developing workflows and more.
If you possess a wealth of knowledge regarding all CAD software systems, are highly detail and process oriented along with a passion for the industry, and a hands-on, positive attitude you would be a great fit for this role. This role is very critical to our extreme growth and the ideal candidate is familiar with the intricacies of a fast-paced environment, have a strong desire for growth and be a great communicator.
Role and Responsibilities
- Administer and support engineering software (CREO, CATIA, SW, NX all welcome)
- Upgrade/service pack installation and implementation
- Create/update modeling best practices and train team members
- Manage and organize CAD vault
- Train new team members on SOPs
- Transition current 2D drawings from CADView into PLM
- Manage integration between CAD vault and ERP (Epicor)
- Manage CAD licenses and renewals
- Respond quickly to any service issues
- Work with PLM Administrators to ensure the integrity of the data stored
- Assist in complicated upload processes for CAD data
- Maintain and create documentation for training/support/usage of CAD and PLM tools
- Maintain and create global 2D/3D drawing standards, templates and configuration files. Ensure engineering team is using standards and configuration files correctly
- Work with Engineering teams to solve complex modeling problems
- Manage Engineering hardware requirements and work with technology to ensure users are using supported hardware
- Prioritize, develop, and process the VAVE Initiatives
- Work collaboratively with multiple cross functional teams simultaneously to ensure the highest quality product drawings and models are delivered
- Make bill of material and drawing revisions following the Change Management Process.
- Interact with suppliers, dealers, and customers as required.
- Other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Comfortable with complex problem solving and rapidly changing priorities
- Comfortable in high pressure environments during rapid ramp up periods (as is the case during next twelve months)
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or a related field desired.
- 7+ years of experience using CREO/Pro-E, CATIA and/or Solidworks
- Familiarity with setting up enterprise drawing formats and Pro-Engineer/Creo configuration files. Extensive knowledge of top-down design techniques using skeletons and the advanced assembly modules
- 3+ years of experience working as an administrator for a 3D CAD PDM or PLM system
- 5+ years of experience working with automotive/truck or heavy equipment industry experience highly preferred
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required; experience using ERP and CRM programs desired.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Strong technical skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to effectively work as part of a team with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate across the organization and lead presentations.
- Recognize the Quality Management System in place at CCC and participate in the processes and procedures in the QMS ISO 9001:2015
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- May be subject to random drug and alcohol testing
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses, steel-toed shoes and hearing protection required in manufacturing areas
- Employees are required to follow all COVID-19 precautions in place including, but not limited to, use of face coverings and temperature readings
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)