Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
A Chassis Assembler manufactures truck chassis and components to support Battle Motors refuse and engineered chassis production lines. Completes assemblies by following blueprints, written and verbal instructions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Mechanical Assembly which may include all or some of the following tasks:
- Assembly of front and rear axles and all suspensions parts on axles prior to installation on chassis
- Build of interior of truck cabs including installation of seats. steering column, seat belts, cab doors and windows
- Assembly of engine parts including transmission and alternator to engine block
- Sub-assembly of various truck chassis components -- electrical, mechanical and hydraulic
- Final chassis assembly
- Operation of overhead cranes, forklift and other heavy equipment as required
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- High School diploma or GED required
Training & Job Knowledge Requirements:
- Minimum three years in mechanical assembly or equivalent education and experience
- Must have ability to use powered hand tools
- Must be organized with the ability to follow established procedures and multi-task effectively
- Must recognize the Quality Management System in place and participate in the processes and procedures
- The physical demands of the employee working in this position are considered medium.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend, stoop, climb and reach.
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses, hearing protection and steel toed shoes required while in manufacturing areas
- Hand protection (gloves) may be required for certain tasks
- Employees are required to follow all COVID-19 precautions in place including, but not limited to, use of face coverings and temperature readings.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)