Battle Motors is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Data Scientist/Machine learning Engineer. This position would be focused on execution and developing models and data views that can be incorporated into our analytics platform that is used to gain insights from the entire gamut of truck data. In this position, you would work closely with dealers, programmers, vehicle can data, and engineers, both internally and externally, to drive forward cutting-edge actionable intelligence and develop new models for our truck.
You must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment – which requires wearing many hats, the ability to change direction quickly, and an eagerness to learn new technologies as needed.
This position will be based in our Santa Monica, CA office. Individuals do not have to be physically located in Santa Monica, CA and can be remote.
- Exploring and examining data from multiple structured and unstructured sources with the goal of discovering advancing hypotheses relevant to truck system optimizations and preventive maintenance
- Leveraging expertise in computer science, software development and algorithms to analyze and implement analytic workflow processes and data visualizations.
- Deploy, debug, and ensure high performance of developed solutions.
- Working with a team of other software engineers to build and develop and add to the core software platform.
- Leveraging speaking skills and presentation expertise to convey complex information to audiences from diverse backgrounds and engaging in active discussions at meetings with clients
Education and Experience
- BS in computer science, data science, computer engineering, statistics
- Understanding of data structures, software engineering principles and architecture
- Experience and mathematical understanding in one or more of natural language processing (NLP), computer vision(CV), machine learning(ML), optimization.
- Coding experience: Languages like python, golang, C/C++ and R, NoSQL and SQL databases, pandas, NumPy, scipy, PyTorch, Keras, TensorFlow, scikit-learn, Jupyter notebooks etc.
- Experience with software development
- Working with big data
- Data quality analysis
Remote - Los Angeles, California