Director of Logistics
The Director of Logistics at Battle Motors is responsible for overseeing all logistical day-to-day activities are executed properly to support the production sites to meet the customer needs. This position will require a strong background in global supply chain management, a strong understanding of current logistics best practices, and a strategic understanding of future logistics concerns. This role will require a strong leader that can work together with other cross functional leaders to problem solve, communicate effectively, and drive change that is for the good of the company.
- Optimize the overall transportation network through the assessment of current processes and practices, and the development of shipping and delivery contingency plans. Research, identify, recommend, and execute plans with trucking companies, shipping ports and terminals, and other transportation lanes that may be identified.
- Maintain, create, and nurture strong relationships with shippers, brokers, trucking companies, steamship lines, and freight forwarders that allow us to consistently meet delivery deadlines in a cost-effective manner by effectively negotiating contracts or rates.
- Proactively report delivery status information to our customers and effectively problem-solve to facilitate timely shipments, internationally and domestically. Serve as our customer service point of contact for the resolution of shipping and logistics issues.
- Oversee the daily management and tracking of in-transit shipments from origin to destination including booking, document preparation (bill of lading, invoicing, certificate of origin, export declaration), follow-up, and tracing.
- Develop and communicate clear performance goals and expectations for direct reports and hold them accountable for results.
- Stay current with best practices in logistics, distribution operations, and transportation solutions to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Continuously drive efficiencies through automation by means of the ERP system capabilities.
Education and Experience
- 15 years of experience working in a variety of roles with progressive responsibility in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Manufacturing, or Operations.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working directly with export operations, port terminals, freight forwarders and steamship lines
- Well-established professional network of contacts with ocean export experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, with an emphasis on advanced level Excel skills) and experience with ERP systems.
- Systematic thinker with creative problem-solving skills, and a history of making sound decisions
- Strong interpersonal and (written & verbal) communication skills with the ability to coordinate group efforts within the company to achieve objectives
- Proven ability to effectively lead and motivate direct reports and hold them accountable for quality work
- Experience with lean manufacturing or six sigma is not required but would be considered a plus
Training and Job knowledge Requirements
- Excellent decision-making skills and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to drive improvements by working effectively with others inside and outside of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Skilled negotiator with keen problem-solving skills.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds as required.
- May be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses, steel-toed shoes and hearing protection required in manufacturing areas.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio