EH & S Manager
The EH&S Manager provides leadership for all aspects of environmental, health & safety, including ownership of training, inspections, record keeping and reporting.
- Assure both plant and personnel physical security programs are effective.
- Ensure compliance is maintained with all regulatory requirements, permits, and registrations are in place & current.
- Anticipate, identify, and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices including hazardous communication.
- Influence a philosophy of strategic safety training and actively interact with all employees to promote safety and safe acts.
- Lead Safety Committee and Emergency management response coordination.
- Partner with internal teams to develop comprehensive and clear EH&S compliant training, auditing and operations as a result of recurring audits.
- Lead immediate intervention and investigation of all facility incidents to provide tactical response and crisis management as a part of the Accident Investigation Program.
- Develop and manage training program curriculums to direct company behavior including; lock out/tag out, hazardous waste, emergency response, hazard communication, spill response, Pollution Incident Prevention Plan, hearing conservation, respiratory protection, and related.
- Demonstrate leadership and responsiveness in deploying practical and cost-effective solutions for continually enhancing the quality of the workplace environment.
- Oversee operation and maintenance of wastewater treatment system for cab pretreat line, including discharge sampling and filing quarterly reports with the City of New Philadelphia.
- Establish process control for the cab pretreatment dip line, including chemical analysis by titration to confirm proper bath chemistries.
- Maintain all required Ohio EPA air emissions records and file quarterly and annual reports.
- Maintain records required for the facility’s spill prevention control & countermeasures plan (SPCC) and keep the plan up to date.
- Make recommendations and lead projects for reducing the company’s environmental footprint, reducing waste, and saving energy.
- BS/BA in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with environmental regulatory bodies and permit processes.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulatory reporting requirements
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Demonstrated ability to work in an environment with a fast paced, growth strategy to continually balance strategic oversight and tactical needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in working well with all departments and staff
- OSHA 501 General Industry OSHA Outreach Trainer Certified and Forklift Operation Certifications
- ASP, CSP, or OHST certification possessed or ability to acquire certification within 1 year
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The performance of this position requires exposure to the manufacturing areas which require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio