Based in the field. Weekly, multi-state travel required.
Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
We are seeking a skilled and motivated EV Technician to join our dynamic team and contribute to the advancement of the electric vehicle industry.
As an EV Tech, you will play a crucial role in inspecting, diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining our Battery electric vehicle chassis in the field. Your expertise will be important in ensuring the optimal performance and reliability of electric vehicles, thereby promoting a sustainable future in the transportation sector. This position offers the unique opportunity to work remotely while delivering exceptional results.
- Conduct thorough inspections and diagnostic assessments of electric vehicles, primarily heavy trucks, to identify any technical issues or malfunctions.
- Perform routine maintenance and servicing adhering to manufacturer guidelines and industry best practices.
- Efficiently diagnose and troubleshoot complex electrical systems, drivetrains, and charging infrastructure to resolve technical problems effectively.
- Utilize specialized tools and equipment to disassemble, repair, and reassemble electric vehicle components.
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements and technologies in the electric vehicle and heavy truck industry to enhance overall repair and maintenance procedures.
- Collaborate with the engineering and Customer Service teams to provide valuable insights and feedback for continuous improvement of EV designs and systems.
- Maintain detailed records of repairs, services, and inspections for future reference and reporting.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Communicate professionally and efficiently with customers, colleagues, and suppliers to address inquiries, clarify technical issues, and offer expert guidance.
- Travel expectations with this position are 50% or more depending on the need.
- Proven work experience as an EV Technician or similar role for 1-2 years, with a specific focus on electric heavy trucks.
- Solid understanding of EV technology, including battery systems, power electronics, electric drivetrains, and charging infrastructure.
- Comprehensive knowledge of heavy truck systems, mechanical components, and industry specific challenges.
- Proficiency in diagnosing and troubleshooting electrical and electronic issues in electric vehicles.
- Ability to work independently and be self-sufficient while remotely managing tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to fast-paced and evolving technological developments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with team members and customers.
- Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to maintain accurate records and documentation.
- Familiarity with relevant software and digital tools for remote communication and diagnostics.
- A commitment to safety protocols and environmental sustainability. Preferred Qualifications:
- Certification in EV Technology or a related field experience
- Prior Experience with Heavy Trucks
- Prior experience in a remote work environment
- Knowledge of sustainable energy sources and their integration with EV charging systems.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (Remote)