Electrical Distribution System Engineer (EDS)
Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
As an Electrical Distribution System Engineer on our team, you will be responsible for leading the electrical system design and electrical integration of conventional and all-electric vehicles. The role includes developing electrical schematics, wire harness layout, harness manufacturing documentation, electrical component testing and documentation.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead the design and release:
- Electrical schematic/diagram
- Wire harness design/layout
- Wire harness manufacturing design
- Other documents (BOM, Work Instructions, etc.. )
- Lead the design of electrical architecture, power distribution, wiring, and EE integration of EVs
- Work on wiring harness specifications, harness build, connector definition, testing and sign-off process
- Release high-quality automotive component and system drawing
- Prepare good documentation of design
- Develop application-specific design and innovative solutions
- Support cost-savings initiatives.
- Provide technical guidance to engineering teams, technicians, and manufacturing workers
- Provide analysis and troubleshooting of vehicle harnesses throughout development processes
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and relevant industry experience
- Good understanding of automotive harness design and management
- Practical experience in using any of these tools: SOLIDWORKS-EE, Auto CAD, Arcadia, Altium
- Experience in design of automotive communication networks (such as CAN, LIN, Ethernet, Flexray)
- Hands-on experience in development of automotive electrical system and hardware
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Strong knowledge of high-voltage and low-voltage electrical system design, safety, EMI, EMC, HVIL
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Dennison, Ohio, United States