Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Hybrid- New Philadelphia, OH
Battle Motors (formerly Crane Carrier Company) prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV technology, we are growing faster than ever. We’re currently searching for an Electrical Engineer join our team, help us grow and scale and continue our tradition of success.
As an Electrical integration engineer in our team, you will be responsible for leading the electrical system design and electrical integration of conventional and all-electric vehicles. The role includes developing electrical schematics, wire harness layout, harness manufacturing documentation, electrical component testing and documentation.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead the design and release:
- Electrical schematic/diagram
- Wire harness design/layout
- Wire harness manufacturing design
- Other documents (BOM, Work Instructions, etc.. )
- Lead the design of electrical architecture, power distribution, wiring, and EE integration of EVs
- Work on wiring harness specifications, harness build, connector definition, testing and sign-off process
- Release high-quality automotive component and system drawing
- Prepare good documentation of design
- Develop application-specific design and innovative solutions
- Support cost-savings initiatives.
- Provide technical guidance to engineering teams, technicians, and manufacturing workers
- Provide analysis and troubleshooting of vehicle harnesses throughout development processes
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and relevant industry experience
- Good understanding of automotive harness design and management
- Practical experience in using any of these tools: SOLIDWORKS-EE, Auto CAD, Arcadia, Altium
- Experience in design of automotive communication networks (such as CAN, LIN, Ethernet, Flexray)
- Hands-on experience in development of automotive electrical system and hardware
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Strong knowledge of high-voltage and low-voltage electrical system design, safety, EMI, EMC, HVIL
- Experience in harness certification for IEEE, SAE, and EMI standards
- Understanding of high voltage energy storage and charge systems in EVs
- Familiarity with related regulations, FMVSS/SAE standards, and practices
- Experience troubleshooting and validating electronic hardware system using lab equipment such as oscilloscope, power supplies and multimeter
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds as required.
- May be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses, steel-toed shoes and hearing protection required in manufacturing areas.
- Employees are required to follow all COVID-19 precautions in place including, but not limited to, use of face coverings and temperature readings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio