The Electrical Manufacturing Engineer at Battle Motors will be a critical addition to the Manufacturing Engineering team for planning & authoring procedures for all vehicle types and powertrains; as well as, troubleshooting manufacturing issues as they arise. They will also be involved with facility expansion and process automation projects, applicable to manufacturing processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain electrical manufacturing work instructions.
- Determine the sequence of build, selecting or designing required tools, solving production problems, and developing procedures for the most efficient vehicle electrical integrations.
- Assist in investigating design/manufacturing factors such as equipment or part availability, manufacturability, ease of assembly, and large assembly management.
- Troubleshoot / correct manufacturing anomalies and discrepancies as they arise with the design engineering and production teams.
- Drive continuous improvement through DFM methodologies.
- Program PLC controllers used to operate body and chassis functions on our trucks.
- Create and maintain the process for performing producibility reviews on engineering designs to assess manufacturability, ease of assembly, and material availability.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred; Associate’s degree required.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required.
- Experience with 2D/3D CAD (Solidworks Preferred)
- Experience with Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems required
- Allison Transmission TCM reprogramming certification required
- Experience troubleshooting and programming Cummins engine electrical
- Experience wiring / troubleshooting Allison transmissions
- Experience wiring / troubleshooting Bendix ABS systems
Training and Job knowledge Requirements
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through.
- Must be self-motivated; ability to work effectively within small teams and independently.
- Should have working knowledge with GD&T DFMEA, and DFM.
- Must have strong analytical, attention to details, problem-solving and teamwork skills.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize duties.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing shop floor environment.
- Flexibility of schedule as needs arise.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds as required.
- May be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses, steel-toed shoes and hearing protection required in manufacturing areas.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio