The Battle Motors Maintenance Technician performs maintenance and construction tasks in support of the company's on priorities to be a strong supporting role for the entire plant, including manufacturing equipment and facility infrastructure.Role and Responsibilities
- Has the ability to make facility and equipment repairs.
- Can operate a forklift and scissor lift.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools.
- Electrical and HVAC experience.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Helpful, cooperative, and works with the entire staff.
- Installs new machinery and equipment in the building.
- Determines the reasons for any system or component malfunction and creates a maintenance or repair plan to solve the problem.
- Verifies completion of projects, provides updates and anticipates company needs.
- Reports improvement ideas for developing best practice processes.
- Identifies and resolves hazards; as well as opportunities to avoid them.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations.
- Keep records of all maintenance and repair work conducted, including a record of any supplies ordered and used.
- Coordination and the ability to do heavy lifting is required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Construction experienced
- Ability to communicate and work well with all departments and staff.
- Familiarity with industrial electrical systems and the National Electrical Code.
- Strong computer skills.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds as required.
- Safety glasses, steel-toed shoes and hearing protection required in manufacturing areas.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio