Performs the pre-production tasks by creating accurate electrical installation documents. Works with engineering and production associates to ensure work flow on production floor by expediting electrical sub-assemblies and electrical harness installation. This is a key liaison position between Product Engineering and Production. Essential for this role is communication and electrical troubleshooting skills.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates layout and detail drawings/documents for new assemblies.
- Minimizes assembly time and costs.
- Design prototype sub-assembly jigs/mechanisms for review.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical issues in a timely manner for production floor.
- Programs engine and chassis electronic control modules.
- Must be willing to travel approx. 10%
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School diploma or GED
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering a plus
- Two to five years experience in installation or troubleshooting.
- Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Auto CAD 2D a plus
- Experience with electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems in automotive or heavy equipment.
- Must possess technical skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Must be organized, with strong communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses, steel-toed shoes and hearing protection required in manufacturing areas
- Employees are required to follow all COVID-19 precautions in place including, but not limited to, use of face coverings and temperature readings
New Philadelphia, Ohio