Battle Motors (formerly Crane Carrier Company) prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV technology, we are growing faster than ever. We’re currently searching for an Engineering Administrative Support Specialist to join our team, help us grow and scale and continue our tradition of success. The Engineering Administrative Support Specialist is a proactive business partner; providing leadership and management of financial activities and working with the site leadership team, and all departments and levels of employees to drive sustainable growth, innovation and governance.
- Provide analysis, management reporting, planning, and engineering support to our growing business
- Manage engineering project management tasks and follow up
- Lead Make or Buy sourcing analyses
- Manages all schedules for all engineering Directors and CTO
- Attending meetings, prepares agendas, transcribing notes and summarizing meeting action items
- Creating documents and presentations for upcoming vendor and customer meetings
- Generate reports and progress updates as needed and communicate to the greater organization and teams
- Performs analysis of company information as requested
- Management of BOM (Bill of Materials) structure working collaboratively with the greater engineering team
- Assist organizing various strategic planning processes across the organization
- Prepares the engineering leaders for external meetings by ensuring they have all the information necessary to be productive and engaged
- Manages internal and external communications by drafting updates, reports, pitch decks, speeches, presentations, and other support materials utilizing spreadsheets, databases, and other publishing applications
- Utilizes email, electronic calendars, and other office support software for time management and meeting coordination
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, benchmarking professional standards, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks with Professional organizations, suppliers, customers, competitors, and other informed individuals
- Understand the company’s business processes and the industry at large
- Other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (business, accounting or related major) with major coursework in business or five years of technical administrative support experience required
- Expert level proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required; experience using ERP programs preferred
- Engineering or technical background preferred
Training and Job Knowledge Requirements:
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ERP systems
- Outstanding time management skills and organizational skills
- Strong presentation skills and particular expertise in designing effective charts, graphs, and tables.
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Willingness to learn database management and working with relational databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely to intended audiences
- Requires deadline driven, high-energy individual, able to work autonomously and lead as key contributor on teams
- Ability to recognize, create and take initiative on upcoming opportunities to achieve organizational objectives.
- Willingness to accept and task ownership of new responsibilities in a fast-growing environment
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Recognize the Quality Management System in place at Battle and participate in the processes and procedures in the QMS ISO 9001:2015
- May be subject to random drug and alcohol testing
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses, steel-toed shoes and hearing protection required in manufacturing areas
- Employees are required to follow all COVID-19 precautions in place including, but not limited to, use of face coverings and temperature readings
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Crane Carrier Company is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio