Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop algorithm for powertrain controls, high-voltage battery thermal management, HVAC, charge, and low-voltage management
- Create state of the art system simulation and control platform.
- Collaborate with system engineers to establish vehicle and sub-system requirements, and implement them into software design
- Develop novel design solutions to control problems applying electrical, mechanical, thermodynamics and material sciences
- Design and implement software/hardware-in-the-Loop testing
- Collaborate with validation engineers to develop DVP and test methods to check functionalities on bench and on the vehicle environment.
- Develop toolchains and methods to automate testing and perform data analysis to improve efficiency
- Drive design and calibration change focused on attributes such as efficiency, drivability, thermal, NVH, performance, and durability.
- Support designing vehicle features and the interfaces between the vehicle controllers
- Perform debugging and failure analysis of complex hardware and software interactions
- Analyze data, troubleshoot vehicle, and drive root cause identification with cross-functional teams
- Provide status reports documenting SW implementation & bug/service resolution
- Support environmental and track testing activities.
- Support system troubleshoot using vehicle interface tools (Vector, Kvaser, PEAK-System) and lab equipment such as oscilloscope, power supplies and multimeter
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS or higher in Engineering and relevant industry experience
- Strong understanding of first principles and physics
- Solid background in Matlab/Simulink and C/C++
- In-depth knowledge of automotive communication networks (such as CAN, LIN, Ethernet, Flexray)
- Experience with vehicle interface software (CANalyzer, CANape, CANoe, PCAN etc..)
- Familiarity with version control software (Git, SVN, etc..)
- Good understanding of electric vehicle systems (powertrain, battery, thermal and electronics)
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and organizational skills
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Familiarity with automotive production software development
- Python experience is a plus
- Experience with SIL/HIL testing and deployment
- Experience with AUTOSAR
- Experience with ISO 26262
- Employee may need to perform other duties as required to meet emerging needs of the company.
Crane Carrier Company is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio