Role and Responsibilities
- Develop test and validation plan coinciding with industry standards and functional safety requirements such as ISO 26262
- Create and implement Design Verification Methods, test cases and validation criteria to test coverage of component requirements of EV powertrain system
- Develop toolchains and methods to automate testing and perform data analysis to improve efficiency
- Support and own validation sign-off for software release.
- Troubleshoot systems using vehicle interface tools (Vector, Kvaser, PEAK-System) and lab equipment such as oscilloscope, power supplies and multimeter
- Perform debugging and failure analysis of complex hardware and software interactions
- Drive design and calibration change focused on attributes such as efficiency, drivability, thermal, NVH, performance, and durability.
- Track issue and drive root cause identification and resolution with cross-functional teams
- Create test cases for new features and technology
- Coordinate and participate in environmental and track testing activities.
- Communicate with software, mechanical and electrical engineers to proactively identify problems and gaps in test.
- Document results and track issues in concise reports
- Develop diagnostic coverage requirement
- Design and build test benches to validate high voltage and low voltage system if necessary
- Perform analytical and simulations if necessary
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS or higher in Engineering or equivalent and relevant industry experience
- In-depth knowledge of automobile communication networks, such as CAN, LIN
- Experience with vehicle interface tools (CANalyzer, CANape, CANoe PCAN etc..)
- Experience with automotive hardware and control software testing and validation
- Good understanding of electric vehicle systems (powertrain, battery, thermal and electronics)
- Knowledge of creating and executing DVP&R
- Demonstrated experience with authoring professional reports to present test data and results
- Able to design, build and maintain tests for custom hardware
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication, presentation skills
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Familiarity with related regulations, FMVSS/SAE standards, and practices
- MATLAB/Simulink/Python experience is a plus
- Experience with hardware-in-the-loop testing and deployment
- Experience troubleshooting and validating electronic hardware system
- Understanding of version control software (Git, SVN, etc..)
- Experience with operating HV tester
- Experience with fault injection testing methodologies
- Employee may need to perform other duties as required to meet emerging needs of the company.
Crane Carrier Company is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio