As a system engineer in our team, you will be responsible for establishing vehicle requirements, managing design integration into vehicle. The role includes supporting all aspects of system engineering such as creating requirement analysis, DFMEA, functional safety, as well as playing a central role in ensuring system components communicate and work harmoniously with each other.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead vehicle and powertrain level requirements and specifications definition with emphasis on safety, regulations, and vehicle performance targets.
- Decompose vehicle level requirements into sub-systems (e.g. powertrain) levels, cascade to hardware and software interfaces
- Responsible for system-level DFMEA
- Lead development and analysis of functional safety requirements according to ISO 26262
- Create and document requirements for EV operating functions and features
- Coordinate with validation engineer to develop design verification methods and test plans for the validation of system and software
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to confirm and review the specifications, interfaces, and requirements
- Support powertrain design integration, testing, and validation
- Develop and manage all documents of the requirements and design and validation report
- Perform benchmarking study on powertrain component and communicate with suppliers
- Lead engineering release meetings and processes with engineering and manufacturing teams
- Provide analysis and troubleshooting and drive solution for issue in the field
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS or higher in Engineering or equivalent and relevant industry experience
- Systems engineering experience preferably from auto industry
- Demonstrated hand-on experience with requirement management tools (Polarion, DOORS, JAMA,etc)
- In-depth experience with electric vehicle powertrain development
- Knowledge of automotive communication networks (such as CAN, LIN, Ethernet, Flexray)
- Good understanding of automotive controls system and features
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and organizational skills
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Familiarity with automotive certification and homologation requirements, standards, and practices
- Familiarity with functional safety (ISO 26262)
- Knowledge of high-voltage energy storage and its management system
- Experience in controls system requirement specifications
- Experience with vehicle interface tools (ie. CANalyzer, CANape etc…)
- Experience with operating HV power supplies and measurement tools
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds as required.
- May be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses, steel-toed shoes and hearing protection required in manufacturing areas.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio