Battle Motors in New Philadelphia, OH is looking for a Facilities Leader who will be responsible for the oversight of planning, maintaining, troubleshooting, and enhancing our manufacturing facility, recently expanded to approximately 325,000 sqft. The scope of responsibilities includes oversight of all electrical for manufacturing equipment, building structure, overall power distribution, data distribution, HVAC systems, plumbing, lighting, security & fire suppression systems, parking and inbound / outbound logistics. The successful candidate will be able to manage daily facility actions in response to employee requests as well as long-term planning and execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Regularly interface with all company departments to determine & meet expectations for all our growing company’s needs.
- Collaborate with our EH&S consistently to align correlated initiatives and solutions.
- Demonstrate leadership, responsiveness, and effectiveness with practical and cost-effective solutions.
- Oversee our approximately manufacturing facility and the campus that surrounds it.
- Lead all vendor management, including architecture, engineering, and contractors.
- Continually enhance the quality of the workplace environment.
- Prepare and manage facilities budgets.
- Liaise with our EH&S to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements are met and that company policies are upheld.
- Contribute to emergency management response strategies with EH&S.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance procedures throughout the facility.
- Conduct inspections of the facility to identify and resolve issues.
- Plan and oversee all repair & installation activities.
- Supervise upkeep staff (maintenance, custodial, etc).
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities per ISO compliance.
- Bachelor’s / Associate degree in related field.
- 8+ Years of facility management related experience.
- Demonstrated experience with planning and maintaining facility operations in an actively scalable manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of heavy manufacturing machinery for fab, assembly, and paint.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required.
- Knowledge of Auto CAD and the ability to read blueprints and drawings.
- Experience working with city planning commission and permit processes.
- Certifications as a CMM, is a plus.
- Certifications in ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 / OHSAS 18001, is a plus.
Training and Job knowledge Requirements
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through with a sense of urgency when needed.
- Ability to drive improvements by working effectively with other departments.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to effectively prioritize duties.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing shop floor environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Flexibility of schedule as needs arise.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds as required.
- May be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses, steel-toed shoes and hearing protection required in manufacturing areas.
- Employees are required to follow all COVID-19 precautions in place including, but not limited to, use of face coverings and temperature readings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio