*This position will work onsite daily in our New Philadelphia, Ohio manufacturing facility.*
Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
As the HR Coordinator, you will support the Director of Human Resources and will often be the first point of contact for employees and managers.
This full-time, onsite position will serve as a key member of the Human Resources team. This individual will work to uphold core values of the organization, drive execution, balance change, and serve as an engagement champion for maintaining and growing a world-class culture throughout the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with orientation for new employees by preparing information packets, gathering withholding and other payroll information, explaining benefit programs, and obtaining signatures for documents.
- Administers drug, criminal record checks and other pre-employment screenings.
- Documents and tracks human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Handle all HRIS data with extreme accuracy; processes employee status changes and communicates changes with Payroll.
- Supports human resources department by screening and interviewing applicants.
- Assists with coordinating employee events and engagement activities.
- Assist employees by answering questions relating to practices, policies, benefits and other human resource needs in a friendly and confidential manner.
- Manages sensitive and confidential matters including employee relations, organization changes, and protects the security of information, data, and files.
- Maintains human resources records for employees and attendance and general discipline records from supervisors.
- Conduct investigations of complaints and successfully address employee relations matters.
- Assist with payroll processing in maintaining and verifying pertinent data.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associate degree required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2+ years work experience and hands on practice of knowledge of principles and procedures involved in personnel recruitment, selection, compensation and benefits, and employee relations.
- Knowledge of employment laws, legal codes, and rules and regulations.
- Proven work experience as an Administrative Coordinator, Administrator, or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with MS Office Suite (particularly MS Word and MS Excel).
- Detailed and accurate data-entry and reporting.
- Familiarity with office equipment, such as printers.
- Solid time-management abilities with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-Site)