Battle Motors (formerly Crane Carrier Company) prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV technology, we are growing faster than ever.
The IT Technician installs, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware, and computer peripherals. Resolves internal user problems and ensures correct operation of personal computers. Maintains parts inventory and logs all service/repair activity. Performs system setups for new hires.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have extensive knowledge of computer hardware and software systems including operating systems, web applications/cloud solutions and Microsoft software. An individual must have knowledge of networks, network administration, computer troubleshooting and security. ERP software system knowledge preferred but not required.
Role and Responsibilities
- Diagnose, document, and resolve computer problems
- Maintain and document departmental procedures and problem resolutions for future reference
- Responsible for installing and set up of computer hardware
- Responsible for installing new software and maintaining current software including updates or upgrades to software
- Provides network and computer access for all new employees and employees whose job duties change
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software, and resources
- Identify and prepare hardware for disposal ensuring hardware is secured before disposal
- Performs back-up, recovery, and systems monitoring
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and 1-3 years related experience. Degree can be substituted for additional experience or training.
- CompTIA A+ and/or Network+ Certifications
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Strong technical skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to effectively work as part of a team with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate across the organization and lead presentations.
- Reasoning ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to install and administer computer software, hardware, and networks. Must have a high proficiency in Windows operating systems.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- May be subject to random drug and alcohol testing
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio