The Manufacturing Engineer at Crane Carrier Company is responsible for specifying, selecting, overseeing installation, validation, and launch. In addition, this person will be responsible for hardware/software implementation/application/training of various manufacturing systems ranging from CNC laser, CNC forming, production line painting, and assembly lines. To be successful in this role, one must possess strong problem-solving skills, the ability to work within demanding timeframes and draw on a wide range of Engineering principles.
· Identify production requirements and select appropriate technology solutions.
· Serve as subject matter expert for a variety of equipment and process.
· Train associates and peers as appropriate in the software and equipment applications.
· Develop SOP’s, MPM and OPM’s needed for equipment operational efficiency.
· Conducting research, documenting findings, and presenting at meetings as required.
· Developing design documents for mechanical parts and final products.
· Drive continuous improvement through DFM methodologies.
· Work with quality assurance to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
· Selecting the required tools and materials for the manufacturing process.
New Philadelphia, Ohio