Develop and support manufacturing processes, including troubleshooting equipment and process issues. Assures product and process quality by designing process sheets and documentation. Setup the assembly process for flow and acts as a liaison with all supporting departments that may affect production. May be assigned to lead specific functional areas based on business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support throughout the manufacturing process.
- Create and design floor plans, layouts and work cells as assigned in coordination with Director of Continuous Improvement and Manufacturing Supervisor.
- Create work instructions for specific products and processes as assigned in coordination with Director of Continuous Improvement and Manufacturing Supervisor.
- Maintain an expert-level understanding of systems related to production operations; provide systems support to others in the organization and complete projects requiring use of these systems as assigned.
- Identify and troubleshoot process, material or equipment problems, recommend solutions to minimize downtime.
- Coordinate the development, assembly and/or procurement of new tooling or modification of existing fixtures and equipment to ensure efficient production methods.
- Conduct hands on training of manufacturing employees regarding products, processes, equipment and tooling.
- Evaluate the entire process flow -- part presentation, tooling/equipment needs, manpower assignments, work processes – create and present workflow designs to improve manufacturing operations.
- Study the time, methods, motions, processes and requirements for a given product or operation, focused on efficiency and cost optimization; present collected information in a meaningful, solutions-based format to operations leadership.
- Act as operations contact for new product commercialization; develop work cell design for new products.
- Lead company safety programs as assigned; perform inspections, attend safety meetings, conduct training and maintain documentation as required.
- Provide administrative support to Manufacturing Supervisor, ensuring that employee records and requests are properly maintained in the HRIS.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering or a related field desired. Equivalent education and experience required.
- Manufacturing experience in a leadership or technical role required.
Training and Job knowledge Requirements
- Minimum 5 years’ leadership or technical experience in production/manufacturing role required.
- Strong computer skills required; Alliance, MS Office, Paylocity, and Engineering software.
- Must possess strong communication & organizational skills.
- Ability to read and analyze technical documents required.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills.
- Following established procedures, must have ability to prioritize several simultaneous projects.
- Must be able to work with people across all levels of the organization.
- Recognize the Quality Management System in place at CCC and participate in the processes and procedures in the QMS ISO 9001:2015.
- Position has no direct reports but may be expected to perform supervisory functions as assigned in coordination with the Manufacturing Supervisor.
- Responsible for organizing and directing work of production employees as assigned by Manufacturing Supervisor.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- The employee will work in the manufacturing production environment.
- The physical demands of the employee working in this position are considered light to medium. Regularly required to sit or stand, bend, stoop, climb and reach.
- May be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses, steel-toed shoes and hearing protection required in manufacturing areas.
- Employees are required to follow all COVID-19 precautions in place including, but not limited to, use of face coverings and temperature readings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)