Material Planning Manager
The Materials Planning Manager at Battle Motors is responsible for ensuring all material required for production is forecasted, planned for, and delivered to the production site to meet the customer needs. This position will require a strong background in global supply chain management, a strong understanding of current product offerings, and a strong background in analyzing data to drive actions. This role will require a strong leader that can work together with other cross functional leaders to problem solve, communicate effectively, and drive change that is for the good of the company. This position will also help optimize inventory levels, help with change management/new product introductions, and drive cost savings projects.
- Develop and implement a world class material planning strategy to solve complex supply chain issues to include VMI, Safety Stock, and supplier stocking strategies
- Implement cost saving measures along with process and efficiency improvements across the materials function.
- Manage shortage, clear-to-build, and inventory reports to ensure business and production needs are met
- Escalate key supplier risks to procurement and help drive resolutions
- Develop and monitor inventory control systems to ensure adequate supply and movement of materials.
- Partner with quality, sourcing, and engineering to ensure suppliers are meeting delivery, cost, and quality requirements.
- Set inventory objectives and develop Operating Plans for all products produced, purchased, and distributed by the plant.
- Ensure that the most competitive pricing is being sought for all invoiceable events related to materials – freight in and out, parts expediting, etc.
- Develop direct reports; assist assigned supervisors with training, development, and accountability for their direct reports.
- Meet inventory verification requirements with cycle counting and/or physical inventory as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Materials Management or a related field desired. Equivalent education and experience required.
- 5+ years of experience in Materials or Supply Chain
- Experience using an ERP for tasks related to materials management required.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required.
Training and Job knowledge Requirements
- Excellent decision-making skills and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to drive improvements by working effectively with others inside and outside of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Skilled negotiator with keen problem-solving skills.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds as required.
- May be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses, steel-toed shoes and hearing protection required in manufacturing areas.
- Employees are required to follow all COVID-19 precautions in place including, but not limited to, use of face coverings and temperature readings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)