Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
The Buyer will meet or exceed all assigned OE Parts Inventory Procurement Objectives, assist in pricing agreements, procure supplies, equipment, and services necessary to support the parts business of Battle Truck Solutions and Battle Motors. Consistently use all reporting tools to maintain appropriate inventory levels and accurate price files to effectively deliver an exceptional fill rate for incoming parts orders.
Accountabilities, Essential Duties, & Responsibilities:
- Manage/Execute suggested purchase orders for stock and sales order backorder fulfillment.
- Evaluate and monitor parts inventory levels to ensure adequate coverage relative to sales history.
- Monitor, evaluate, and track supplier quality. Report to Purchasing Manager as necessary.
- Monitor on time delivery, while establishing commercial terms with suppliers to ensure a mutually beneficial relationship between the vendor and BTS/Battle Motors.
- Create BM specific proprietary part numbers & price files into business system (CDK). Requires engagement with Factory Engineering, Factory Procurement, and BTS Management.
- Upload part number and price updates (daily, weekly, monthly, annually)
- Create new part numbers as needed.
- Manage part number supersessions upon vendor/BM factory notification.
- Manage part number notes (specific notations relating to particular part numbers).
- Report necessary inventory order point adjustment to BTS Management (min/max/safety stock/forecast)
- Analyze inventory statistics to determine high demand, low demand, & no demand products.
- Record and maintain vendor product return requirements.
- Initiate, evaluate, and execute vendor product return authorizations.
- Code & Reconcile vendor invoices using appropriate GL accounts.
- Ability to multi-task under pressure
Develop relationships with other BTS/BM teammates to effectively support the total BM Ownership Experience, including other Company goals and objectives. Must be a team player, possess strong interpersonal/communications skills, and the ability to work with teammates.
The individual must be able to perform each essential duty above satisfactorily. It is required that the individual is accurate with good time management and organizational skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from a college; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts, ex. list price matrix, dealer net discounts, dealer net % mark-up/margin.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities
Working knowledge of inventory control & product procurement. Personal computer skills, ex. Excel, Word, PPT. Attention to detail attribute. Ability to meet and communicate with customers and associates. Communication skills must be effective orally and in writing.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (Remote)