Paint Prep - Truck Cab
Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
Primarily responsible for the preparation of truck chassis frames and components prior to paint. Will perform other duties to support paint and related departments as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for mudding, sanding, washing, masking and other preparations of cabs, frames and components prior to paint
- Use of sanders and grinder to smooth edges of parts and to grind rough areas prior to paint
- Handles various size parts and pushing/pulling parts on carts into paint or shot blast booth
- Use of fork lift as needed to maneuver racks/carts containing parts and for general material handling
- Completion of general labor tasks as assigned, including light assembly, housekeeping, material handling
- Shot blasting of parts as needed, after completing required training
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- Experience in paint prep or equivalent education and experience
- Must be organized with the ability to follow established procedures and prioritize multiple work assignments
- Must recognize the Quality Management System and follow processes and procedures
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)