Responsible for preparation and paint of cabs and other vehicle components for the paint process. Plan and coordinate work for assigned team members to meet production schedule, reduce rework and maintain efficient workflow through the paint department.
· Responsible for using fork lift to unload trucks at shipping/receiving dock or in yard
· Lead department by driving processes and directing material flow through subordinate resource groups.
· Work with Manufacturing Engineer to improve existing and develop new processes that support or increase throughput and quality demands.
· Participate in each are of the paint shop as needed.
· Know the status of parts and components in the paint department, help troubleshoot issues to maintain adherence to the plant production schedule.
· Consistently follows safety procedures, wears safety equipment and encourages team members to do the same.
· Follow procedures to maintain all tools and requirement, including maintenance of booths and filters as assigned.
· Create standard work for all areas of activity and level load based on standard work.
· Provide training to employees and appropriately cross-train employees from other departments.
New Philadelphia, Ohio