Battle Motors (formerly Crane Carrier Company) prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV technology, we are growing faster than ever. We’re currently searching for a Manufacturing to Design Engineering Liaison specializing both manufacturing and product design engineering functions to help us grow and scale and continue our tradition of success. The Manufacturing to Design Engineering Liaison handles all aspects involved in the production of our vehicles on the production floor and solves issues as they arise. The ideal candidate will have both manufacturing and product design engineering experience and is an expert problem solver and is very driven.
This role is very critical to our extreme growth and the ideal candidate will be an experienced engineer with a business mind, a savvy leader, very organized, and familiar with heavy truck parts/automotive product development and manufacturing, is familiar with the intricacies of a fast-paced environment, have a strong desire for growth and be a great communicator.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review and process ECR (engineering change requests) from the production floor and assign to various departments based on the need, and follow up to ensure the tasks are completed
- Function as primary focal point on engineering and technical issues for the production floor
- Function as engineering liaison member to resolve engineering problems with quality, design and manufacturing engineers
- Review product and assembly drawings to solve problems during the manufacturing process.
- Possess the ability to think quickly to dispatch floor issues to various teams including Quality, Materials, Manufacturing Engineering & Design Engineering
- Relentlessly follow up to ensure each matter is solved quickly and permanently
- Analyze the assembly/manufacturing processes to identify areas for efficiency or quality improvements and see those ideas through to completion
- Review bill of materials for purchased and manufactured parts to ensure applicable processes are being followed
- Support and interpret to Manufacturing, investigate Engineering drawing errors and correct suitably
- Act and produce innovative solutions and exhibit resourcefulness
- Communicate with engineering teams to comply with regulatory and procedural requirements.
- Act as a liaison between Engineering and other departments/personnel.
- Interact with suppliers, dealers, and customers as required.
- Support other members of the Engineering department, check design work to verify layout, fit, form, function, materials, specifications and other details/documents as required.
- Other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Comfortable with complex problem solving and rapidly changing priorities
- Comfortable in high pressure environments during rapid ramp up periods (as is the case during next six months)
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field desired. Equivalent education and experience required.
- Experience in product development in automotive/heavy truck axles and braking systems highly desired
- 3-D CAD proficiency required; SolidWorks experience desired.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required; experience using ERP and CRM programs desired.
- Experience with EV powertrains highly desired
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Strong technical skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to effectively work as part of a team with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate across the organization and lead presentations.
- Recognize the Quality Management System in place at CCC and participate in the processes and procedures in the QMS ISO 9001:2015
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- May be subject to random drug and alcohol testing
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses, steel-toed shoes and hearing protection required in manufacturing areas
- Employees are required to follow all COVID-19 precautions in place including, but not limited to, use of face coverings and temperature readings
New Philadelphia, Ohio