Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
We are looking to employ a detail-oriented and experienced Production Planner to create, modify, and manage production schedules. The Production Planner’s responsibilities include monitoring inventory levels, regularly providing production status updates to management, and facilitating the timely delivery of products to customers. You should also be able to closely monitor the production process to ensure that production orders are completed on time and within budget.
To be successful as a Production Planner, you should be knowledgeable of material requirements planning and able to manage production deadlines. Ultimately, an exceptional production planner should demonstrate excellent time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills to ensure that production operations run smoothly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in coordinating and maintaining the flow of jobs in production through monitoring MRP and job status to ensure on-time delivery.
- Collaborate with Master Scheduler, Production Supervisor, and the Materials Management team to ensure processes are streamlined to achieve successful build completion delivery targets.
- Constant monitoring of workflow schedules to assist with priorities and direct material-flow for production, address material shortages, maintain accuracy, and related functions.
- Generate, disseminate, and retain related documents, records, and reports – specifically production status and quality related data in a timely manner.
- Promptly addressing and resolving production issues to minimize delays in production.
- Coordinating production operations in accordance with material, labor, and equipment availability, including promptly informing relevant departments of changes to the schedule.
- Recommending viable solutions to reduce production costs as well as improve production processes and product quality.
- Communicate material-flow, in-process schedules, and completion status updates to internal customers.
- Assist in maintaining detailed production job documentation, reports, records, etc.
- Collaborate with business partners to assess legacy processes, data and system capabilities to help drive alignment to and adoption of new ERP standards.
- Provide support in preparation and execution of physical-inventory activities.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Experience working with ERP systems in a manufacturing operations environment.
- Experience with Epicor ERP is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, business management, or related field is preferred.
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) accreditation or other relevant certification is a plus.
- Basic understanding of BOMs, Routings, and Master Data
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required.
- Minimum 2 years experience working as a production planner.
- Sound knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP) and related software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills.
Training and Job knowledge Requirements
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through with a sense of urgency when needed.
- Ability to drive improvements by working effectively with other departments.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, and time management skills – including the ability to effectively prioritize duties.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- Ability to maintain and report performance metrics.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing shop floor environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Flexibility of schedule as needs arise.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)