At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
The Production Supervisor directs Team Leaders and other Team Members in the execution of the department’s responsibilities. This individual is responsible to accomplish department goals and targets in accordance with manufacturing standards and methods, and quality standards for safety, quality, customer satisfaction, productivity, cost reduction, housekeeping, efficiency, training, teamwork, and morale.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning and allocating manpower to support the daily requirements of responsible production areas.
- Support the Training matrix by continually evaluating and developing Team Leader and employee skill level as required to increase flexibility and meet safety goals.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing by using Continuous Improvement and 5S tools.
- Monitor and track work hours and overtime, job rotation, and absenteeism.
- Responsible for managing and appraising the team member job performance and recommending corrective action.
- Utilize Battle Production System techniques to standardize current/new processes, reduce process variation, identify and eliminate waste.
- Ensure quality goals and standards are met and know how to use the quality feedback loops and systems and escalation procedures. Confirm team members use the quality systems correctly.
- Partner with the Quality department investigate and contain defects.
- Troubleshoot daily quality, safety, and production issues.
- Lead continuous improvement activities for assigned area.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all team members.
- Train and coach Team Leaders and team members to maintain productivity, quality standards, environmental, safety, quality, job performance, problem solving, and continuous improvement.
- Maintain daily communication with upstream and downstream stakeholders.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 2+ year’s experience in manufacturing environment.
- 2 – 3 years of leadership experience preferred.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Tertiary educational degree in related field, preferred.
Training and Job knowledge Requirements
- Thorough understanding of company product, quality management and control systems, manufacturing processes, workflow, scheduling, and company policies.
- Ability to facilitate problem solving and resolution.
- Ability to maintain on call flexibility due to changing business conditions.
- Active listener with effective leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to implement plans to control and maintain safety, quality, 5S, cost and efficiency for assigned area.
- Ability to teach Team Leaders and Team Members in fundamental skills and facilitate on-the-job training.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- The employee will work in the manufacturing production environment.
- The physical demands of the employee working in this position are considered light to medium. Regularly required to sit or stand, bend, stoop, climb and reach.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)