A Quality Engineer at Crane Carrier Company is responsible to ensure that engineering and manufacturing processes are performed correctly using the right tools, materials and processes. This includes designing the company’s quality system to support those criteria. Ensuring that employees are trained to the right quality standard and that all safety requirements are met throughout the production process. An important part of this role involves audits and meticulous documentation of quality opportunities which support cross-functional collaboration.
· Overseeing the quality management system across plant operations.
· Coordinating, implementing, and maintaining a Corrective Action System for tracking quality issues/customer complaints and subsequent corrective action for manufacturing operations.
· Performing quality and performance assessments, reporting as required and identifying opportunities for quality improvements in products or processes.
· Assisting Materials with vendor management to support incoming quality.
· Completing internal audit functions as assigned.
· Collaborating with others across the organization to most efficiently and effectively solve quality opportunities and/or implement quality improvements.
· Acting as a customer liaison for quality concerns as required. May require some travel (<10%) to customer or dealer locations.
· Supporting continuous improvement and cost-saving initiatives that relate to assigned work area or projects.
· Conducting internal Quality training as assigned.
· Other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Crane Carrier Company is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio