- Plans and formulates all aspects of the Quality system for the business, including the establishment and maintenance of Quality data, Customer facing interface, supplier QA development, operational process, and administrative process development.
- Evaluates critical elements of vehicle Quality and reliability – creates Quality checks and balances to assure outstanding durability, safety, and performance of our trucks and chassis.
- Ensures Quality elements are established within our process and a system on ongoing improvement is practiced.
- Plans documentation and audit system to support processes.
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises staff members.
- Develops, determines and implements policies, procedures and programs – maintains ISO 9001-2015 Quality system and standards.
- Creates an environment for problem solving and continuous improvement philosophy through:
- Customer interface / feedback
- Establishes cost of Quality and corrective and preventive action methods
- Pro-active Quality blueprint for New Product / New Process developments
- Supplier audits and accountability tracking.
- Act as Management Representative of an ISO based quality management system
Bachelor’s Degree in Quality methods, Engineering, Operations Management, or related field. Ten years Heavy vehicle / Specialty vehicle OEM related experience.
Training and experiences with the following are essential and beneficial: Heavy Vehicle or Specialty Vehicle Quality Experience; Supplier accountability systems; Practiced Lean Manufacturing methods, 8D Root Cause Analysis, ISO 9001-2015 (or equivalent) system criterion; Product Development Process planning.
Job Knowledge Requirements
- Critical Thinker - Ability to define problems, data focused, complete resolutions.
- Excellent facilitation skills – Able to lead teams, develop, train, and advocate the Quality System to employees, Customers, and Suppliers.
- Practical Truck/Specialty Vehicle Operational knowledge.
- Recognize the Quality Management System in place at CCC and participate in the processes and procedures in the QMS.
- Quality Audit Staff
The above is intended to describe the general content of requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio