Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
The Quality Supervisor directs Team Leaders and other Team Members in the execution of the department’s responsibilities. Is responsible for ensuring timely and effective implementation of all company’s policies, procedures, and activities involved in assuring the quality within the company, maintains close working relationships with other department managers and supervisory personnel in order to meet and maintain product quality, identify, solve and prevent problems affecting product quality, maximize productivity, and comply with regulatory requirements.
He/she reports to the Quality Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and direct quality assurance leaders/technicians who are responsible for enforcing good Manufacturing Practices and other quality-related policies in order to meet product quality standards.
- Ensure good performance by quality assurance leaders/technicians by mentoring, training, setting expectations, providing accountability, and performing evaluations.
- Assist in the coordination of inspection/testing results involving finished products, receiving materials, and packaging components and the appropriate release and hold programs associated with these materials.
- Oversee the “On Hold” product, including the status, release, and scrap of “Rejected” products.
- Assist in investigating and correcting quality-related issues (including customer complaints) through collaboration with other departments.
- Make proactive recommendations and offering/presenting solutions to the Quality Systems to improve quality and work efficiency.
- Monitor and track work hours and overtime, job rotation, and absenteeism.
- Responsible for managing and appraising the team member job performance and recommending corrective action.
- Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings.
- Lead continuous improvement activities for assigned area.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all team members.
- Train and coach Team Leaders and team members to maintain productivity, quality standards, environmental, safety, quality, job performance, problem solving, and continuous improvement.
- Maintain daily communication with upstream and downstream stakeholders.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 5+ year’s experience in manufacturing quality environment.
- 2 – 3 years of leadership experience preferred.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Tertiary educational degree in related field, preferred.
Training and Job knowledge Requirements
- Thorough understanding of company product, quality management and control systems, manufacturing processes, workflow, scheduling, and company policies.
- Ability to facilitate problem solving and resolution.
- Ability to maintain on call flexibility due to changing business conditions.
- Active listener with effective leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to implement plans to control and maintain safety, quality, 5S, cost and efficiency for assigned area.
- Ability to teach Team Leaders and Team Members in fundamental skills and facilitate on-the-job training.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)