R&D Technician Team Lead
Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
Battle Motors is searching for an R&D Technician Team Lead to join our team, help us grow and scale and continue our tradition of success. The R&D Technician Team Lead is a seasoned mechanical technician leader who will build and lead a team to engineer, install, and validate mechanical and electrical components into R&D vehicles or into production vehicles with new products.
Role and Responsibilities
- Build, scale and lead team of mechanical technicians
- Provide direction of tasks and projects to team daily, managing shifting priorities from all cross-functional teams within the organization
- Coordinate mechanical support for new and existing ECR/design updates with engineering direction
- Provide direction on mechanical assembly for prototype builds, test fitment on design updates and collaborate with engineering on design reviews during the design validation phases
- Review and approve installation, test fits, and validate new and existing parts in terms of quality, functionality, and performance
- Install new products into existing Medium and Heavy-duty commercial vehicles and testing for functionality
- Complete concept and prototype installation and fitment finding reports to submit to the design and manufacturing engineering team during design reviews and the NPI process
- Manage troubleshooting mechanical and electrical component issues within production or prototype vehicles as directed by engineering to verify issues, functionality, or validation
- Collaborates with Supplier Quality, Quality, Manufacturing and Product Design Engineering teams to drive continuous improvement and testing and validation requirements
- Test drives vehicles to ensure proper installation and function
- Work with engineering and the industrial team to provide direction on prototypes needed and fit, finish and changes needed for further prototypes before moving to component production
- Provide detailed reporting of work completed daily on all projects
- Maintain cleanliness of shop and R&D facilities, and maintains proper care and function of all company owned tools
- Produce concise management summaries and report-outs that meet the needs of management system functions.
- Other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Comfortable with complex problem solving and rapidly changing priorities
- Comfortable in high pressure environments during rapid ramp up periods with multiple projects simultaneously (as is the case during next twelve months)
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ten to fifteen years of automotive or heavy-duty truck/equipment technician experience
- Team building and people management experience highly desired
- ASE Certifications in Medium/HD vehicles highly preferred
- EV powertrain experience highly preferred
- The ability to read 3D CAD/drawing models required
Preferred experience and skills
- Strong technical skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to effectively work as part of a team with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate across the organization
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)