Battle Motors (formerly Crane Carrier Company) prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV technology, we are growing faster than ever. We’re currently searching for an ADAS Engineer to join our team, help us grow and scale and continue our tradition of success.
As a Senior Accountant on our team, you will be providing support to the Accounting Manager for a variety of essential functions in order to drive profitability and the execution of the financial plan. Primary responsibilities include working with AP/AR functions, monthly financial reporting, and maintenance of balance sheet and general ledger accounts. This position will assist in preparation & coordination of annual and interim audits. This role collaborates across company functions and works proactively to ensure routine functions and processes are executed in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
Role and Responsibilities
Coordinating accounting functions and programs.
- Preparing financial analyses and reports.
- Issue invoices and assist with AP/AR functions as needed.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Assisting with annual audit preparations.
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Preparing federal, state, local, and special tax returns.
- Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of tax laws and GAAP.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and stress management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
- Understanding of finance modules of modern Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Ability to train staff.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Ability to work in a rapid growth environment
- Ability to travel <25% of the time
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- May be subject to random drug and alcohol testing
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses and steel-toed shoes and hearing protection (as necessary) required in manufacturing areas
- Employees are required to follow all COVID-19 precautions in place including, but not limited to use of face coverings and temperature readings
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Hybrid - New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States