Sr. CAD Designer
A Sr. CAD Designer at Battle Motors creates complete 3-D models using SolidWorks. Creates all detail drawings and prepares Bills of Materials. Prepares ECN’s following the Change Management Process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and revise CAD models and drawings of products and parts for production.
- Contribute in a team-working environment; providing mentorship and leadership to other Designers in the department.
- Create layouts of parts and assemblies for review.
- Create drawings of CCC design concepts for presentation to current or potential customers.
- Ensure all designs meet design quality, supply and serviceability requirements.
- Verify that all designs are complete and fully documented in models, drawings and Bills of Material.
- Collaborate with other functions in the organization to support various projects related to cost-savings, continuous improvement and other organizational goals.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent education and experience required.
- 3 years of practical engineering experience required; 5+ years of experience working with truck or heavy equipment design desired, preferably with Class 8 truck chassis.
- 3-D CAD proficiency required; SolidWorks experience desired.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required.
Training and Job Knowledge Requirements
- Good understanding of common engineering standards for mobile equipment product development (3D- modelling, design & drafting, GD&T).
- Good understanding in one or more of the following technical areas; mechanical, hydraulics, electrical and other engineering techniques and development processes.
- Strong collaboration skills with the demonstrated ability to successfully work as part of a team.
- Application knowledge of mobile equipment, preferably with heavy truck chassis and systems.
- Strong technical skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Recognize the Quality Management System in place at CCC and participate in the processes and procedures in the QMS ISO 9001:2015.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds as required.
- May be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses, steel-toed shoes and hearing protection required in manufacturing areas.
- Employees are required to follow all COVID-19 precautions in place including, but not limited to, use of face coverings and temperature readings.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)