Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
This position will require occasional onsite presence at the New Philadelphia, Ohio facility. Onsite presence for this position will be required as the business necessitates.
The Sr. Global Supply Manager - Powertrain is responsible for the overall sourcing strategies for Battle Motors Powertrain and assigned categories/commodities. This position will require a strong background in global supply chain management, in negotiations, and in problem solving. This role will require a strong leader that can work together with other cross functional teams to problem solve, communicate effectively, and drive change that is for the good of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor global trends, supplier capabilities, and emerging technologies in the powertrain industry to inform sourcing and procurement decisions, provide strategic guidance for mitigating any supply impacts and continuously drive supply chain improvements.
- Drive cost reduction initiatives through negotiation, VA/VE, and continuous improvement efforts, without compromising quality or supply reliability.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive supply chain strategy for powertrain components, ensuring a reliable and cost-effective supply of materials working with cross-functional teams
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, manufacturing, program management and finance, to align supply chain strategies with Battle Motors business objectives. Assess new suppliers and partner with Engineering to identify new technologies that create value for the company and solutions to customer needs
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, negotiate contracts, and ensure that suppliers meet quality, cost, and on time delivery requirements for powertrain components.
- Lead NPI (New Product Introduction) activities for Purchasing team.
- Organize and report to leadership costs reduction and sourcing activities to align with business objectives.
- Align with cross-functional teams including engineering and finance to develop business case and total cost of ownership analysis for VA/VE and cost reduction initiatives to ensure company targets are met and track KPIs.
- Ensure that powertrain components meet quality standards, regulatory requirements and work closely with suppliers to address quality issues.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Materials Management, Engineering, or relevant experience required
- 7+ years of experience in commodity management, or strategic sourcing within Commercial Vehicle (preferred) or Automotive Industry
- 5+ years of experience working with Powertrain commodities (Axles, Engines, Transmissions, Drivetrain Etc.)
- Experience using an ERP for tasks related to materials management required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required.
- Travel as needed – 20%
Training and Job Knowledge Requirements
- Excellent decision-making skills and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to drive improvements by working effectively with others inside and outside of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Skilled negotiator with keen problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects and initiatives within the supply chain.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (Hybrid)