The Strategic Sourcing Sr. Manager is responsible for the overall sourcing strategies for Crane Carrier Company. This position will require a strong background in global supply chain management, in negotiations, and in problem solving. This role will require a strong leader that can work together with other cross functional leaders to problem solve, communicate effectively, and drive change that is for the good of the company.
- Monitor global trends and provide strategic guidance for mitigating any supply impacts to the manufacturing facility
- Identify new suppliers and partner with engineering to identify new technologies that improve the overall supply chain
- Manage commercial relationships with strategic suppliers ensuring contracts are properly negotiated and offer maximum value to CCC.
- Work with cross-functional teams on sourcing decisions and clearly communicate sourcing decisions to team
- Work with finance team on cost down initiatives and ensure targets are achieved
- Work with engineering team on cost modeling for key commodities
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Materials Management or relevant experience required
- 5+ years of experience in commodity management or strategic sourcing
- Experience working with EV commodities (Batteries, Power electronics, Electric Motors, Etc)
- Experience using an ERP for tasks related to materials management required.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required.
Training and Job Knowledge Requirements
- Excellent decision-making skills and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to drive improvements by working effectively with others inside and outside of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Skilled negotiator with keen problem-solving skills.
New Philadelphia, OH