The Strategic Sourcing Sr. Manager is responsible for the overall sourcing strategies for Battle Motors. This position will require a strong background in global supply chain management, in negotiations, and in problem solving. This role will require a strong leader that can work together with other cross functional leaders to problem solve, communicate effectively, and drive change that is for the good of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor global trends and provide strategic guidance for mitigating any supply impacts and continuously drive supply chain improvements
- Lead and build the strategic sourcing team
- Identify new suppliers and partner with engineering to identify new technologies that create value for the company and solutions to customer needs
- Manage commercial relationships with strategic suppliers ensuring contracts are properly negotiated and offer maximum value to Battle Motors
- Work with cross-functional teams on sourcing decisions and clearly communicate sourcing decisions to team
- Organize and present reports to pertaining to costs, budgets, sourcing activities
- Work with finance team on cost down initiatives and ensure targets are achieved
- Work with engineering team to develop cost modeling
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Materials Management, Engineering, or relevant experience required
- 7+ years of experience in commodity management or strategic sourcing
- Experience working with EV commodities (Batteries, Power electronics, Thermal Systems, Etc.)
- Experience using an ERP for tasks related to materials management required.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required.
Training and Job Knowledge Requirements
- Excellent decision-making skills and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to drive improvements by working effectively with others inside and outside of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Skilled negotiator with keen problem-solving skills.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio