The Supplier Industrialization Engineering Manager at Crane Carrier Company is responsible for ensuring all incoming material meets the quality standards set up to support manufacturing. This position will require a strong background in industry quality standards, manufacturing best practices, and creative problem solving. This role will require a strong leader that can work together with other cross functional leaders to problem solve, communicate effectively, and drive change that is for the good of the company.
- Audit potential suppliers to ensure they have systems in place to ensure parts are manufactured accurately and minimizes any disruptions to our operations
- Work with engineering and suppliers to develop specifications that support production requirements
- Support strategic initiatives aimed at manufacturing improvements and cost down opportunities with cross functional team
- Lead the supplier development and quality improvement activities through data driven decisions
- Provide direction to leadership team for approved suppliers and resourcing strategies based of data analysis
- Streamline PPAP process for ensuring that procured components meet or exceed the quality requirements
- Lead the communication and clarification of technical requirements between suppliers and our purchasing, quality, and/or engineering teams
- Implement process/ procedure for Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) as needed
- Provide monthly/weekly/daily reports on key supplier quality metrics and corrective actions
- Manage the development of SIE department personnel; compile and compose training material and conduct training sessions on quality concepts and activities
- Develop and recommend budget requests for quality function; administer approved operating budget
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or relevant experience required
- Experience in PPAP/APQP Processes required
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required.
Training and Job Knowledge Requirements
- Excellent decision-making skills and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to drive improvements by working effectively with others inside and outside of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Skilled negotiator with keen problem-solving skills.
- The physical demands of the employee working in this position are considered light.
- May be subject to drug and alcohol testing.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses, hearing protection and steel toed shoes required while working in manufacturing areas.
- Employees are required to follow all COVID-19 precautions in place including, but not limited to, use of face coverings and temperature readings.
New Philadelphia, OH