Supplier Industrialization Engineering Manager
The Supplier Industrialization Engineering Manager at Crane Carrier Company is responsible for ensuring all incoming material meets the quality standards set up to support manufacturing. This position will require a strong background in industry quality standards, manufacturing best practices, and creative problem solving. This role will require a strong leader that can work together with other cross functional leaders to problem solve, communicate effectively, and drive change that is for the good of the company.
- Audit potential suppliers to ensure they have systems in place to ensure parts are manufactured accurately and minimizes any disruptions to our operations
- Work with engineering and suppliers to develop specifications that support production requirements
- Support strategic initiatives aimed at manufacturing improvements and cost down opportunities with cross functional team
- Lead the supplier development and quality improvement activities through data driven decisions
- Provide direction to leadership team for approved suppliers and resourcing strategies based of data analysis
- Streamline PPAP process for ensuring that procured components meet or exceed the quality requirements
- Lead the communication and clarification of technical requirements between suppliers and our purchasing, quality, and/or engineering teams
- Implement process/ procedure for Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) as needed
- Provide monthly/weekly/daily reports on key supplier quality metrics and corrective actions
- Manage the development of SIE department personnel; compile and compose training material and conduct training sessions on quality concepts and activities
- Develop and recommend budget requests for quality function; administer approved operating budget
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or relevant experience required
- Experience in PPAP/APQP Processes required
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required.
Training and Job Knowledge Requirements
- Excellent decision-making skills and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to drive improvements by working effectively with others inside and outside of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Skilled negotiator with keen problem-solving skills.
- The physical demands of the employee working in this position are considered light.
- May be subject to drug and alcohol testing.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses, hearing protection and steel toed shoes required while working in manufacturing areas.
- Employees are required to follow all COVID-19 precautions in place including, but not limited to, use of face coverings and temperature readings.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)