- Operate welders (mig, tig) proficiently to create and modify materials
- Operate plasma cutters & Saws to cut metal and other materials
- Maintain fabricating equipment.
- Operate sanders, grinders, saws and drill presses to create necessary parts.
- Adapt machines to craft new parts.
- Identify tools and methods needed to construct and assemble components.
- Evaluate equipment performance and implement necessary modifications.
- Reading and understanding product schematics and assembly instructions.
- Taking part in product development meetings.
- Verifying dimensions and product specifications.
- Ensuring that all the required parts for assembly are present.
- Marking cutting lines on material.
Trades & Craft
- Working with verity of materials to construct a wide verity of products and fixtures such as; metal, wood, plastic, and fabrics.
- Use equipment and tools in verity of ways such as: saws, grinder, welder, drills, mill, plasma CNC, and other
- Work with other tradesmen to complete whatever task needs be complete to save time and recourses
- Competently operate forklifts & overhead cranes to not cause injury to yourself or others
- Ensuring all safety and health standards are met to keep an organization accident-free
- Communicating regularly with upper management regarding problems or issues impacting production
- Evaluating machine resources to ensure continued production and minimal downtime
- Establishing a balance between increased productivity and reduced costs of manufacturing operations
- Work with our team to solve unique problems and minimize set-backs for production
- Reduce time and resources where possible through creative solutions to any issue
- Work with other departments to find workarounds and solutions to issue
- Function within our team to achieve the task we are working towards
- Be present for team meetings and one on one time
- Work towards common goals while attempting to solve problems and issues
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum two years experience in production welding.
- Must have ability to read blueprints.
- Must successfully complete internal welding test.
- Must be organized.
Job Knowledge Requirements
- Following established procedures, must have ability to prioritize several simultaneous projects.
- Recognize the Quality Management System in place at Battle Motors and participate in the processes and procedures in the QMS.
- The physical demands of the employee working in this position are considered medium to heavy
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend, stoop, climb and reach.
- May be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses required while in manufacturing areas.
- Hearing protection required.
- Steel toed shoes required.
- Hand protection (gloves) required.
- Weld jacket or leather sleeves
- The employee will work in production environment on concrete surface with adequate lighting.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio