Welder - Custom Fabricator
Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
- Measures parts to specifications as needed prior to welding
- Responsible for assembly of various parts at a work station which is at least waist level. Some parts are assembled on floor.
- Responsible for locating parts, layout, fitting and welding parts together.
- Responsible for sanding/grinding parts prior to and after welding.
- Move portable welding equipment into position.
- Grinds and reshapes parts as needed to ensure proper fit onto chassis.
- Layout, fit, fabricate and weld chassis as specified
- Use of forklift and overhead cranes
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum two years experience in production welding.
- Must have ability to read blueprints.
- Must successfully complete internal welding test.
- Must be organized.
Job Knowledge Requirements
- Following established procedures, must have ability to prioritize several simultaneous projects.
- Recognize the Quality Management System in place at Battle Motors and participate in the processes and procedures in the QMS.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)